Serial Matrix Printer
Decision Data 6590 is a discontinued product. Alternatives to the
6590 are the CompuPrint 4247
the Tally 4347i.
Please click on either of these two links to be taken to the
respective pages for these two new Desktop Matrix Printers.
- Blazing fast - up to 900 cps at 12
- Patented, dual paper handling system with auto-switching paper paths.
- Two sets of 6-pin push tractors as standard for rear and front/bottom paper feeding.
- Heavy-duty printing with Decision Data?s legendary reliability.
- Automatic forms thickness sensing and adjustment for up to 7-part forms.
- Zero-line tear-off, automatic paper park, automatic top of form, and paper motion sensor.
- Automatic interface switching between serial, parallel, and IBM interfaces (AS/400 or Mainframe).
- Unparalleled connectivity option.
- Control panel lockout feature to prevent unwanted changes in print jobs.
- Comprehensive range of standard barcodes, including QMS Magnum Code V & IGP on ASCII, SCS models.
The 6590 works well in many applications, including manufacturing, warehousing, retail, healthcare, purchasing, or office environments.
The Fastest Serial Matrix on the Market: The 6590
Four Systems In One! The coax and Twinax versions of the 6590 also include parallel and serial interfaces as standard, providing unparalleled connectivity options.
Gets The Job Done On Time. Designed for IBM SCS and AFP/IPDS environments, the 6590 serial printer delivers outstanding performance at up to 900 cps at 12 cpi so you get more work done faster.
Like Two Printers In One. Working fast at up to 900 cps, the 6590 features a dual paper handling system with auto-switching paper paths. Now you can load two different continuous forms and switch between them - so you can change jobs without changing paper. Or load two identical forms for longer unattended print runs. Print from one path with different paper loaded, ready for the alternate path.
Makes Tough Jobs Easier. The Decision Data 6590 has the features needed for mission-critical printing. Like automatic forms-thickness sensing and adjustment for up to 7-part forms. And zero-line tear-off, automatic paper park, automatic top of form, and paper motion sensing.
Built For The Long Run. The 6590 belongs to a family of printers that have proven themselves in the most extreme environments: from dusty, exposed warehouses to back-office operations where every second counts and nonstop printing is essential.
Plugs Into Any Application.
Auto interface switching is available for multiple system connections including IBM, networks, PCs, and workstations. Your 6590 will serve you well in many applications, including manufacturing, warehousing, retail, healthcare, purchasing, or office environments.
Choose The Printer Model That Best Suits Your Needs.
Select from three well defined configurations: ASCII, IBM SCS or IBM IPDS capability.